Perform a variety of manual, semi-automated or automated tasks necessary for the manufacture of sub-assemblies and/or final product while maintaining productivity, quality, on-time delivery and safety of self and co-workers. Use a variety of methods and tools to assemble product according to Manufacturing Assembly Procedures.
Essential Job Functions / Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for producing quality products and verifying conformance to specifications.
- Perform tasks as directed by Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner using designated tools.
- Read, comprehend and perform duties as outline in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or Product Specific Standard Operating Procedure (PSOP).
- Accurately record/communicate production data and react appropriately to out of control conditions.
- Follow Good Documentation Practices (GDP) at all times.
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping/6S standards at all times to ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees
- Communicate any problems to the area team lead or supervisor.
- Precisely follow all forms of work instructions, visual aids, performance data and procedures for processes and general work practices.
- Consistently meet or exceed productivity goals while maintaining excellent product quality.
- Keep accurate counts on parts to ensure quantities match the job traveler and ERP system.
- May inspect and process, under magnification, parts per the SOP/PSOP to ensure quality and customer specifications.
- Continually suggest and support implementation of ideas to improve safety, quality, cost, and on-time delivery; work to help make Sil-Pro a better company and better place to work.
- Follow standard safety procedures and personal protective equipment requirements.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance
- Work overtime as required
- Learn additional department/value stream processes as needed
- Provide assistance in other departments as needed with supervision
- Set the example by actively contributing to department and company goals.
- Clarify expectations and seek additional training as needed.
- Build quality into your work. Ensure processes are consistent with quality objectives. Be aware of current quality opportunities.
- Make suggestions for improvements in areas of quality, cost reduction, delivery and productivity.
- Assist in training others.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- This position requires that you work in a clean room environment, wearing a gown, gloves, hairnet, and other garments as required to ensure a clean, safe and sterile environment.
- Other duties as assigned by Production Manager, Supervisor or Lead
Required: High School diploma or equivalent
Desired: 2 Year technical degree
- Experience in thermoplastic or silicon molding
- Clean room component or device level manufacturing experience
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well with others
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to follow detailed work instructions and video aids and read basic features of blueprints
- Ability to multi-task assigned job duties and work unsupervised
- Ability to learn and consistently apply effective production and operational principles and practices
- Ability to learn and use microscope
- Ability to use small hand tools (for example: tweezers, exacto knives)
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend written and verbal instructions in English
- Technical aptitude
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Fine motor skills in hands/wrist and good hand/eye coordination
- Good vision (with or without corrective lenses)
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs, on occasion