Sil-Pro, located in Delano, MN (just 20 minutes west of 394/494) is a contract manufacturer for the healthcare industry. We specialize in the design and development, manufacturing, assembly and packaging of silicone and thermoplastic devices. The products we make can literally be a matter of life and death. If you'd like to be part of a dynamic, growing company that makes a difference in the lives of others - come join our team!
Perform a variety of manual, semi-automated or automated tasks necessary for the manufacture of sub-assemblies and/or final product while maintaining productivity, quality, on-time delivery and safety of self and co-workers. The Finishing Operator follows processes to ensure parts meet the aesthetic and quality attributes as defined by our customers. Job involves use of a microscope to perform routine, repetitive checking of production parts and the performance of minor rework/repairs to identified defects using a variety of small hand-held tools. With training, able to work on a variety of parts with limited supervision.
Essential Job Functions / Primary Responsibilities:
• Read, comprehend and perform duties as outline in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or Product Specific Standard Operating Procedure (PSOP).
• Keep accurate counts on parts to ensure quantities match the job traveler and ERP system.
• Perform secondary operations such as trimming or clipping parts.
• Inspect and process under magnification parts per the SOP/PSOP to ensure quality and customer specifications.
• Communicate any problems to the area team lead or supervisor.
• Consistently meet or exceed productivity goals while maintaining excellent product quality.
• Assure that all forms of work instructions, visual aids, performance data and procedures for processes and general work practices are precisely followed as provided
• Accurately record/communicate production data and react appropriately to out of control conditions. Follow Good Documentation Practices (GDP) at all times.
• Continually suggest and support implementation of ideas to improve safety, quality, cost, and on-time delivery; work to help make Sil-Pro a better company and better place to work.
• Maintain acceptable housekeeping/6S standards at all times to ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees
• Perform work demanding a high degree of accuracy and close tolerance inspection
• Consult with Supervisor or Lead when verification is needed
• Follow standard safety procedures and personal protective equipment requirements.
• Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance
• Work overtime as required
• Learn additional department/value stream processes as needed
• Provide assistance in other departments as needed with supervision
• Clarify expectations and seek additional training as needed.
• Build quality into your work. Ensure processes are consistent with quality objectives. Be aware of current quality opportunities.
• Make suggestions for improvements in areas of quality, cost reduction, delivery and productivity.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• This position requires that you work in a clean room environment, wearing a gown, gloves, hairnet, and other garments as required to ensure a clean, safe and sterile environment.
• Other duties as assigned by Production Manager, Supervisor or Lead
Required: High School diploma or equivalent
Desired: 2 Year technical degree
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Clean room component or device level manufacturing experience
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work well with others
• Ability to learn and consistently use effective finishing techniques and operating procedures
• Ability to learn and use microscope for extended periods
• Ability to use small hand tools (for example: tweezers, exacto knives) to finish parts
• Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Must be able to follow detailed written instructions and video aids and read basic features of blueprints
• Ability to multi-task assigned job duties and work unsupervised
• Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend written and verbal instructions in English
• Ability to learn production and operational principles and practices;
• Technical aptitude
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Fine motor skills in hands/wrist and good hand/eye coordination
• Good vision (with or without corrective lenses)
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs, on occasion
This job description and related documents are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change the job description as necessary to meet business and organizational needs.